PORTING PROGRAMMER - RACONTEUR GAMES
Do you love a challenge? Raconteur Games is looking for multiple programmers to join their growing team of Louisiana game developers.
This role involves anything and everything to do with the porting process, with particular regard to certification and compatibility across multiple console platforms. The porting programmer will work as a team with other porting programmers on platform integration and compatibility across devices, while also providing support to multiple external partners. Candidate must be able to work on-site in Baton Rouge. This is a full-time position.
We are a diverse team and encourage applications from women and people of color.
This job is expected to start at the end of summer (ETA August, but potentially later).
Send resumes and portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Providing finishing touches to finalize products for launch across multiple platforms
- Driving the end-to-end porting process to multiple first party devices by integrating any and all platform-specific necessities
- Ensuring compatibility across said platforms
- Pushing products through the entire certification process and providing support and fixes as necessary to pass certification
- Providing support to external partner(s) with additional platform integration and bugfixing
- Working with production lead and other port programmers to overall help products pass certification and ship on time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work on-site in Baton Rouge, LA
- Portfolio showing previous work and/or projects
- Enthusiasm for solving complex problems
- Strong understanding of Unity or Unreal (knowing both is a plus)
- Team player who enjoys being part of a group and overcoming obstacles as a team
PLUSES: Master’s degree Shipped titles Strong knowledge of Unreal Previous porting work Familiarity with any AAA platforms and their certification process
- Ability to model and texture 3D assets in a specific art style (see included samples)
- Familiarity with Unity and ability to submit work as Unity Packages
- Portfolio showing previous work on any student projects, personal projects, or game jams
- Passion for games that have a strong focus on narrative
- Any experience in modeling, texturing, rigging or animating creatures/animals