- Marc Aubanel
- Director, LSU Digital Media Arts & Engineering
Interdisciplinary Research Experience in Computational Sciences
February 01, 2018
Louisiana State University
For students interested in Digital Media and want to get a taste of what LSU's Center for Computation & Technology and it's Digitial Media Arts & Engineering program have to offer, consider joining us for the summer in an REU. Apply Here
This Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) project is a ten week program where students work collaboratively on a wide variety of computational science projects.
The Center for Computation & Technology (CCT) at Louisiana State University (LSU) provides an ideal setting for the REU student to become familiar with interdisciplinary research. With research groups exploring gravitational waves, video games, complex emergent phenomena in material science, or computational music, the participants work on cutting edge research in Computational Sciences.
The students learn how to use the most current cyberinfrastructure tools with individually designed training sessions targeted to their specific degree of preparation. In addition, since most CCT research groups collaborate with international researchers, REU students are exposed to how international collaborations work.
This program involves nine students every summer. Each student receives a stipend of $5,000, free housing in university dormitories, and up to $600 in travel expenses to and from Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
We invite interested students and their faculty mentor to browse through this site and consider applying for these positions.
If you are:
- a college student graduating at least one semester after completion of the REU, or a high school senior attending college in the Fall
- interested in a major that is within the computational science umbrella (leaves out few majors as it includes all sciences, mathematics, engineering, finance, statistics, computational humanities, etc.),
- with at least a 2.75 GPA,
- considering a career in research and/or graduate school in your major, and
- a US citizen or permanent resident.
December 1, 2017: Application opens. March 1, 2018: Application deadline. April 1, 2018: Notification of decision. May 21, 2018 through July 27, 2018: Program dates